We’re pretty new – but we’ve achieved a lot already.
Now, we need your support to further develop a fantastic health system we can all be proud of.
The Māia Health Foundation was formally established in October 2015 and achieved charitable status in November 2015.
In May 2016, the Māia Health Foundation was officially launched.
- Formal establishment of the Foundation
- Charitable status achieved
- Name and logo developed in preparation for our launch
- Large bequest and gift received from the estate of Cyril Smith
- The Rainbow Children’s Trust donates $1.2m to our children’s facility upgrades
- Westpac becomes Māia’s first founding business partner
- Archibalds becomes a founding business partner
- Māia Health Foundation official charity partner for NZ Cup & Show Week
- EA Networks becomes a supporter of Māia
- MainPower becomes a founding business partner
- The Allan Family join Māia as founding champions
- The Murney Family of Ashburton join Māia as founding champions
- The Rotary Club of Cashmere choose Māia for its annual Bookarama, raising $15,000
- Westfield Riccarton choose Māia for its Christmas gift wrapping station donations, raising $20,157
- The Pearson Family join Māia as founding champions
- Mt Hutt choose Māia as its charity for an open day in March
- MG Marketing becomes a founding business partner
- Forte Health becomes a founding business partner
- The inaugural Māia 'feast' held in August was incredibly successful, raising over $250,000
- The Wakefield Family join Māia as founding champions
- Lyttelton Port Company becomes a founding business partner
- Māia holds a garden party at Riccarton Park on NZ Cup Day raising over $15,000
- A campaign is launched to raise funds for 60 parent beds in the new children's facilities - to date 40 parent beds have been donated by local businesses and families
- Westfield Riccarton choose Māia for its Christmas gift wrapping station donations, raising $16,307
- An exciting six week crowd-funding campaign is launched in March to raise $1M for a large future-proofed rooftop helipad at Christchurch Hospital
- Rātā Foundation pledges to match every dollar raised in the 13 Minutes crowd-funding campaign, up to $500,000